It is the policy of THE WILLHOVA GROUP, INC. to provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, and that a condition of safety consistent with applicable federal, state, and local safety codes is maintained on all THE WILLHOVA GROUP, INC. projects and worksites.
All contractors and subcontractors are also expected to comply with all federal, state, and local regulations and are monitored throughout the project for conformance. Contractors and subcontractors are not allowed on site without a current certificate of insurance that has terms and limits that are satisfactory to the owner. Also, contractors and subcontractors are required to have their own company’s safety program on site and in force at all times.
THE WILLHOVA GROUP, INC. is a firm believer that Safety is the Number One priority on every project and performs accordingly. A respectable Experience Modification Rate (EMR), as shown below, confirms our commitment to the safety of all employees.
Experience Modification Rate (EMR)
THE WILLHOVA GROUP, INC. maintains and promotes an aggressive safety program with a full time safety professional on staff. THE WILLHOVA GROUP, INC. promotes safety on a daily basis through:
- Job specific safety training classes
- Weekly jobsite safety meetings
- Regular inspections and jobsite audits
- Employee safety incentive awards
- Monthly safety committee meetings
One of the most important parts of THE WILLHOVA GROUP, INC’S. safety program is enforcement and monitoring by the on-site superintendent. Each of THE WILLHOVA GROUP, INC’S. superintendents has extensive training including OSHA regulations, minimal safe practices for construction, scaffold erection, confined space entry, lock out/ tag out, fall protection, MSDS & Haz/Com and proper excavation.
Some specific steps that will be implemented before and during the Owner’s project will include but not limited to:
Daily safety monitoring by THE WILLHOVA GROUP, INC’S. on-site superintendent and regular inspections during the project manager’s site visits.
- Development of a project safety plan prior to project initiation. The plan will include specific procedures, goals, and responsibilities and will be committed to by the project team.
Visits to the project site on a regular basis by THE WILLHOVA GROUP, INC’S. corporate safety director to monitor compliance of safety regulations.
- Identification of major and unique safety considerations that are part of the project and appropriate orientation of project personnel to these considerations.
- Implementation of onsite safety awareness meetings for both contractor and subcontractor key field supervisors and personnel.
- Inclusion of safety as a standard review item in each job progress meeting.
- Implementation of an ongoing review, evaluation and inspection program directed toward preventing accidents and abating hazards.
- THE WILLHOVA GROUP, INC. is committed to making each jobsite safe and strives to make each project a model for future developments.